CONTENT WARNING: This episode contains a moderately stressful situation
Intro Music – Breathe, by Chill Carrier https://chillcarrier.bandcamp.com/
Voiceover: Manifestations is a podcast of the Ostium Network
Voiceover: Time is not linear, but our story is.
Please join us … on our journey. We, are Manifestations.
Music becomes dramatic then fades out
Location: Car Music on car radio, Flashbacks, by Alma Mater https://almamaterpa.bandcamp.com/
Background: Car engine, driving, turn signal clicks Putting the car in park. Turning off engine.
Typing number on phone. We only hear one side of the conversation.
Alan (with pauses noted in parenthesis)
– Hi Ethan. (3)
– Yeah, I’m okay. I’m a little early, so I’m just sitting here. (5)
– If it was good news, he would have told me over the phone. (5)
– I know. I hope so too. (2)
– How’s your drive going? (5)
– At least it’s not as hot today. (4)
– Yeah. (4)
– Hey, are you seeing the lights in the sky to the west? (2)
– Just to the right of the sun, from here. (4)
– Oh wow! They’re like shooting stars. Bright. Maybe the mountains are in your way. (7)
Opening car door, getting out of car
– There’s another one! Wow! That one was bright. Like a fireball. (3)
Strange high pitched sound.
– Gasp of pain (3)
– Nah, no, I’m okay. It was just another dizzy spell. I got out of the car too fast. (4)
– I’ve never seen anything like this in the daytime. (2)
– It’s so bright. I wonder if a satellite is breaking up. (3)
Strange high pitched sound, growing in intensity
– Anguished gasp of pain (3)
– (labored) Ethan. This might be worse than I thought. (4)
Getting back into car
– I’m sitting in the car again. (2)
– I don’t think I can walk into the doctor’s office. Would you give them a call? (4)
– I’m getting a weird tunnel vision. (3)
– I’ll see you tonight. (3)
– I love you.
Strange high pitched sound is all that can be heard
Outro music – Sunshine, by Cobycracker https://cobycracker.bandcamp.com/
Voiceover: Manifestations Season 1, The Reset, was written, acted, and produced by Dwayne Farver. With input and help from Alex C. Telander.
Our intro music is Breathe, by Chill Carrier
Also heard in this episode was the song, Flashbacks, by Alma Mater.
https://almamaterpa.bandcamp.com/ https://www.facebook.com/AlmaMaterBandPA/ They are a local alternative punk/rock band from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area of Pennsylvania. They’ve given me permission to play the full track of Flashbacks at the end of the credits. If you enjoy it, head to bandcamp.com to listen to their other work. I found their music long after my story was written, but it fit like a glove.
Sound effects are from freesound.org Car Keys/Stopping CC0 1.0 https://freesound.org/people/deleted_user_7146007/sounds/383425/ Car Signal/Engine CC0 1.0 https://freesound.org/people/vintage2005/sounds/274781/ Phone dialing beeps CC0 1.0 https://freesound.org/people/muses212/sounds/76927/
Links to all of the music and transcripts can be found in the show notes
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning about Alan. He has a condition called Tinnitus, which I also share. His condition is a little more severe for the sake of the plot. It will take him someplace surprising next time.
You can find us on most social media at PodManifest
Or, look for us at podmanifest.com
As long as we have access to the temporal feed, we will transmit more of our story each Wednesday and Saturday. We hope you join us.